6 tips for impactful reporting on online Research Communities
At the end of last month, I was privileged to talk at a recent NewMR event: “Putting the ‘Qual’ in Qualitative”. My talk was titled: “How to bring qualitative research results to live within the company?” In the presentation and the screencast, I’m sharing 6 tips about how to bring qualitative research results to live in your company. The tips are illustrated by a community we run for Heinz in The Netherlands. The screencast can be found here, below you will find the presentation with the 6 tips for the use and impactful reporting on marketing research online communities (MROCs) and 3 take-aways. I hope you like them!
Advantages of online research communities: 6 tips
- Relevant information. Managers value consumer insights that are relevant for their job at that moment.
- Easy to access. Make it easy for managers to join your projects and participate. Keep the barriers as low as possible.
- The right format.Information needs to be presented in the right format for that time. Think in advance who will be your target group for specific information?
- Mix Online & offline. A general rule in good marketing campaigns; always choose a mix of online and offline channels to spread your consumer insights.
- Make it FUN. Grasp the attention by adding some fun elements to it. For example by using quizzes, challenges and (team) battles.
- Use the right incentives. Motivate managers to participate in your projects and reward them for it. Recognition and status are key.
- Bring the consumer to life & try to think as an advertiser while doing so.
- Focus on the consumer feeling;managers don’t want to need research for each small decision taken, they want to be able to trust their consumerknowledge.
- Make the community co-owned; involve them in the dialogue (MROC’s) to sharpen the consumer knowledge.